Subscribe Locations of visitors to this page

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

EGO

I read “Anthem” by Ayn rand, and I am incompetent to write something worthy unless I read it again. Here are a few excerpts which lured me into the great wisdom she had to offer:

“What is my joy if all hands, even the unclean can reach into it? What is my wisdom if even the fools can dictate to me? What is my freedom if all the creatures, even the botched and the impotent are my masters?? What is my life, if I am to bow to agree and to obey? “


“I am .I think .I will.
My hands……my spirit ………my sky…….my forest………this earth of mine..

What must I say besides?? These are the words. This is the answer.
I stand here on the summit of the mountain. I lift my head and I spread my arms. This, my body, my spirit, is the end of quest. I wished to know the meaning of things. I am the meaning. I wished to find a warrant for being. I need no warrant for being and no word of sanction upon my being. I am the warrant and the sanction.
It is my eyes which see, and the sight of my eyes grant beauty to the earth. It is my ears which hear, and the hearing of my ears gives its song to the world. It is my mind which thinks, and the judgment of my mind is the only searchlight that can find the truth. It is my will which chooses and the choice of my will is the only edict I must respect.

Whatever road I take, the guiding star is within me; the guiding star and the loadstone which point the way. They point in but one direction. They point to me.
Neither am I the means to any end others may wish to accomplish. I am not a tool for their use. I am not a servant of their needs. I am not a bandage for their wounds. I am not a sacrifice on their altars.
I am a man. This miracle of me is mine to own and keep, and mine to guard, and mine to use and mine to kneel before!! “

“And here over the portals of my fort, I shall cut in stone the word which is to be my beacon and my banner. The word which will not die, should we all perish in battle. The word which can never die on this earth, for it is the heart of it and the meaning and the glory.
The sacred word is
EGO “

2 comments:

ashishkr said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ashishkr said...

EGO
before reading this post i'm in a dilemma. Is ego a good word or bad word? Now i don't give a damn. If it isn't been ego we were still be in stone age moving through jungles like nomads. We couldn't have developed this far. We hadn't approved heliocentric theory.
It is the ego of man that have taken him to unexlored territory. They make revolutions happen because of their ego. Because they believe they are the best and they deny to kneal before oppressive hands. It is not their great mind or hard work....many people in this world possess that.........but it is because of their ego.....the spirit behind all their deeds.